Thursday, February 4, 2010

Angela Davis

Angela Davis Pictures, Images and Photos
On Wednesday February 3rd, Angela Davis (activist, professor, freedom fighter, black panther, communist, presidential candidate, and FBI's most wanted) came to York University to give a lecture that was heavily inspirational and hit the core issues that we as a 21st century are still facing today. I was lucky enough to attend the presentation, and without hesitation, I can honestly say it was a once in a lifetime experience and I am deeply grateful to have been one of the few to witness it. I plan to write a short article about my experience, which I will post in the next few days. In the meantime, you can visit the following website for more information
or if you're really feeling it, buy her book, The Meaning of Freedom by Angela Davis!

http://womenshistory.about.com/od/aframerwriters/p/angela_davis.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment